Would you like to talk more about your sexual desires?
The truth is, you’re not alone.
Did you know history has revealed that women were administered to masturbate by a doctor to relax and balance their hormones?
Yes… It’s true!
This subject still makes me a little nervous, but today I’m going to dive straight into it. This month we’re here to celebrate the 20th anniversary of National Masturbation Month!
Dr Carol Queen is my first guest to start the celebration. Carol has a PHD in sexology, she is an activist, public speaker, sex educator, co-creator of National/International Masturbation Month, award winning author and collaborator for Good Vibrations.
In this episode we talk about all the benefits of masturbation. How it balances your hormones, helps with junk food cravings, relaxes your body, plus much, much more!
So ladies and gents, it’s time to stop consuming food as safe sex and it’s time to start practising masturbation…. where there’s NO MORE SHAME!!
You can Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher or TuneIn
- International Masturbation Month
- What is Sexology
- Why the confusion around sex education
- The history on masturbation
- How Carol began this journey
- The value in non-conforming
- Becoming a feminist as a young girl
- Why are we bullied and shamed for what our body’s look like?
- How to become a sexologist
- What is a sex positive feminist
- The impact feminist fights (Sex Wars) had in the 1980s
- The controversy behind feminism
- Why Joycelyn Elders was fired by Bill Clinton
- What is Good Vibrations
- Say What!?… It’s a Masturbate-a-thon
- What are the benefits of masturbation for women’s health
- Why do women try to be somebody else for somebody else
- The important questions women should ask themselves
- Read 10 Reasons To Make Masturbation Part of Your Wellness Routine
- Get your special goodies for Mothers Day with Women, Food, and Desire
- Find out more about a Betty Dodson Bodysex Workshop
- Get a copy of Carol’s book – Real Live Nude Girl
- Take a read of Spectator Magazine
- Who is Susie Bright and Patrick Califia
- Learn more about the Feminist Sex Wars
- Read more about Joycelyn Elders
- Watch Dan Savage’s speech for Masturbation Month and his Lovecast
- Find out more about Carol’s non-profit – Centre for Sex and Culture
- Get some new toys from Babeland
- Coming soon – The Sex and Pleasure Book
- Connect with Carol: