Today we talk about the secret of why chocolate is so amazing. Why do we crave it?
How can we stop being so overwhelmed with it?
With another chocolate holiday (Valentines day) just around the corner, I decided to do an episode about it.
Why is chocolate so amazing?
Today I’m going to answer that question. It’s time we found out where our cravings came from and how they relate to chocolate.
Once upon a time I was a chocoholic. Now I still savor and love chocolate, but it doesn’t rule my life and it’s not my life-vest anymore.
There are healthy ways to savor chocolate. Once we absorb these practices, chocolate can enhance our lives. So join me now to find out how to breath it all in.
I’m also so excited to welcome my new podcast sponsor, Perfect Supplements! I use their Cordyceps and Natural Calm Magnesium all the time – and am thrilled to partner with them to bring you the show.
As a special offer to my “clan of the crave bears” and listeners, Perfect Supplements is offering 10% off your order when you use the discount code CRAVE10 at check out! Click here to get your goodies!
You can Subscribe to the podcast on iTunes, SoundCloud, Stitcher or TuneIn
- About my bacterial imbalance in my mid 20s
- What is a yeast candida overgrowth?
- How bacteria will die once you quit sugar…. they need it to live
- Why Chocolate is so appealing to us
- What theobromine does that we should know about
- How theobromine and caffeine are closely related
- Beware… dark chocolate (theobromine) is toxic for dogs and brings up sensitivities for cats
- The connection between sex and chocolate
- How we as humans need a lot of physical touch in our lives
- Hugs and touch reduce cravings
- What scientific studies on chocolate are revealing
- Defining the central executive
- How to examine your days and understanding the cravings that arise
- What food scientists have discovered… The Bliss Point?
- How to avoid giving into your body’s fat cravings
- Understanding hormones and magnesium levels
- Understanding Carob
- Get your copy of Women, Food and Desire
- Download my free Cravings Cure Cookbook
- Check out my interview with Erin Stutland
- Learn more about Dr Paul Rozin – University of Pennsylvania
- Get Michael Moss’s – Salt Sugar Fat: How the Food Giants Hooked Us
- Get your Natural Calm Magnesium and The Republic of Peppermint Chocolate Tea here
- Check out my recipes page
- Photo credit: Austin Kirk – Creative Commons